Across Schlesinger Group we are fully committed to safeguarding your privacy. Whether you are engaging with us or our digital platforms as a research client or a prospective client, as a research partner or as a research participant, we deploy robust data privacy systems and practices to ensure your research data and your personal data are respected and protected.
We will never share personal information or use it for any other reason other than which it was intended.
Wherever in the world we engage with you or conduct marketing research, we strictly adhere to the privacy laws and marketing research codes of conduct for that country.
Schlesinger Group companies will not transfer personal information to a country or territory outside the United States or the European Economic Area unless that territory or country ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
Schlesinger Group companies have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to meet all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidance in relation to the processing or protection of personal information relating to a resident of the European Union or otherwise subject to protection under the laws of the European Union and its Member States, as amended from time to time, including but not limited to, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our Privacy Policies below set out how we will treat your Personal Information.
Personal Information that is collected
Information you submit
When you complete a form on our website or contact us to request a bid we ask you to provide your basic contact information.
When we meet you at an event or a private meeting, we invite you to provide your basic contact information.
When you confirm a project with us, we then ask you to provide billing information.
We retain any information collected in voluntary client surveys and feedback questionnaires.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technology
Schlesinger Group and our analytics provider use standard internet technology such as cookies and Web beacons, ‘tag’ and ‘scripts’ as navigational information to track interactions with our websites on an individual and aggregated basis.
The website is not intended for or targeted at children under the age of 16. And we do not knowingly or intentionally collect data about children under 16. If you believe we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at ClientPrivacy@SchlesingerGroup.com so that we may delete the information.
International Transfer of Personal Information
How Personal Information is stored
Your information is stored in a central customer relationship management database in the United States. This leading database provider and its software has been DMA Privacy Shield certified. Our project management, accounting and marketing automation software is used to process information from this system and is in turn governed by system security and strict data protection protocols.
We may disclose your Personal Information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and holding companies for the purposes of or direct marketing or consolidating support services.
Schlesinger Group uses robust organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our company. This includes security controls to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. While we take reasonable steps to secure your personal information, please be aware that no transmission or security system
is guaranteed to be 100% secure from intrusion or hacking, and there is always some risk assumed by sharing Personal Information online. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately at ClientPrivacy@SchlesingerGroup.com.
How Personal Information is Used
Schlesinger Group uses information you provide to communicate with you to help provide these services you request form us.
We may use this information to provide you with additional personalized information about company and partner news, services, promotions, events and content that we believe may be of interest to you.
If you provide us Personal Information about yourself or others, or if others give us your information, we will never share or sell that information for commercial purposes. We will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
We may provide your Personal Information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such e.communication processing or payment processing. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Schlesinger Group may use information collected to improve its websites and services and personalize your experience on our website and our communications so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies.
If you share a testimonial with us, with your permission we may post this on our website. You can update or remove your testimonial at any time by contacting us at ClientPrivacy@SchlesingerGroup.com.
Links to other Websites
Changes in Ownership
If our company or our assets are acquired by another company, that company would receive all information collected by Schlesinger Group companies. In such an event, you would be notified by email or a prominent notice on our website of any changes of ownership, uses of your Personal Information and choices you have relating to your preferences.
We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we believe use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or comply with a law, court order or legal process.
Communication of Preferences
We invite our clients and contacts in Europe to consent or not consent to receiving marketing communications from Schlesinger Group companies.
Every marketing email contains information for users in any country on how to opt out of future marketing and non-transactional communications.
You may contact us to update or change your information.
You may request access to your information or request for your information to be deleted.
We have provided forms for you to communicate particular request so that we may consider and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
For your protection, we may only process requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request. We may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such access, change or deletion.
How to Contact Us Regarding Your Privacy
Unsubscribing from marketing communications
If you wish to unsubscribe for marketing e.communications, you can do so here
Updating your personal information
To request that we correct or update any of your Personal Information, you can do so here
Accessing your Personal Information
If you wish to request access to your personal information which we may hold, you may contact us here.
Erasure of your Personal Information
If you wish to request for your Personal Information to be erased from our records, you may contact us here.
General Enquiries, Concerns or Complaints relating to your Personal Information
If you wish to contact us about any matter relating to client privacy, you may contact us at ClientPrivacy@SchlesingerGroup.com or write to us at Schlesinger Group, 101 Wood Avenue South, Iselin, NJ 08830. USA. Attention: Privacy Officer.
Changes to this Policy
Mission statement to protect consumer, health information and business information privacy
Schlesinger Group and all its companies are committed to the protection and safeguarding of personal data collected from persons who are (a) consumers, (b) patients relating to health information and (c) business individuals or entities relating to business information.
PRIVACY & DATA PROTECTION
In order to fulfill our Mission Statement to Protect Consumer, Health Information and Business Information Privacy, Schlesinger Group companies adhere to the following policies:
- All PII obtained shall be lawfully collected, compiled, stored, allowed access to, processed and utilized by Schlesinger Group companies
- Participation in all research projects is voluntary and respondents may opt out of any research project, at any time. In addition, consent will be obtained prior to the collection of PII that will be recorded.
- All PII obtained shall be treated confidentially, shall be used for research purposes only and shall not be disclosed to any person not employed by Schlesinger Group companies, except with consent, as required by law or by court order.
- Schlesinger Group companies adhere to the policy laws of all countries in which we manage research.
- Schlesinger Group companies will not transfer personal data to a country or territory outside the U.S. or the European Economic Area unless that territory or country ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
- Schlesinger Group companies adhere to research industry Codes and Standards relating to the USA and additionally the country in which each Schlesinger Group company is based.
To be removed from our research participant database:
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, you may contact us at:
+1 (855) 244-0886
InspiredOpinions, Privacy Inquiries
101 Wood Avenue South, Suite 501
Iselin, NJ 08830
Privacy Shield Policy
Schlesinger Group believes in protecting our respondents privacy. When we collect personal information from you on our website or when market research studies are conducted, we follow the privacy shield principles and comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union.
THESE ARE OUR PROMISES TO YOU:
- Notice. When we collect your personal information, we’ll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we’ll use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
- Choice. We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we’ll respect the choices you make. Upon registration, you will be asked for contact and demographic information and will be asked about topics such as health, technology, business, financial, automotive and the environment. You will always have a choice to provide additional information through our online surveys and information on how to Opt Out of InspiredOpnions is included in every email invitation and can also be accessed through our website. (Opt Out Instructions or Contact Us).
- Access. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security. We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Enforcement. We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises, and we’ll provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy practices.
- Accountability. We may share Personal Data with third party providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. We’ll include provisions in our contracts with third parties to whom EU personal data will be disclosed that the data may only be processed for the limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent provided by you and that the third party will provide the same level of protection as the Schlesinger Group.We will require third parties to whom we disclose Personal Data and who are not subject to laws based on the Privacy Shield principles, as applicable, to either (i) subscribe to the Privacy Shield principles or (ii) contractually agree to provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Data as is required by the relevant Privacy Shield principles. If the third party does not comply with its privacy obligations, Schlesinger Group may choose to, where appropriate, take steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure of Personal Data. Schlesinger Group remains legally liable for any breach of the Privacy Shield by any third parties in connection with onward transfer of personal data.
- Data Integrity and Limitations. We’ll collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent. We’ll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
- Recourse. We’ll address any disagreements regarding potential misuse of data, and have policies & procedures in place to investigate and resolve disputes.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES, PLEASE REFER TO:
FOR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS RELATING TO PRIVACY, YOU MAY CONTACT US AT:
+1 (855) 244-0886
InspiredOpinions, Privacy Inquiries
101 Wood Avenue South, Suite 501, Iselin, NJ 08830
If your inquiry is not satisfactorily addressed, contact the DMA Dispute Resolution Process (an independent resource mechanism). DMA will serve as a liaison with you and our company to resolve your concerns.
EUROPEAN CONSUMER CONTACT INFORMATION
The DMA Privacy Shield Program
Direct Marketing Association
1615 L Street, NW – Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20036
Online complaint form: https://thedma.org/shield-complaint-form/
In the event complaints to Schlesinger Group and the U. S. Direct Marketing Association do not result in a satisfactory resolution, a consumer may seek binding arbitration. Additionally, if the consumer has a national security concern, you can contact the Ombudsperson at the Department of State at http://www.state.gov/s/ombudsman/.
Any employee found to have violated this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Schlesinger Group is subject to the investigatory and enforcement power of the Federal Trade Commission, the Department of Transportation or any other U.S. authorized statutory body. We are required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.