Test interactive software and hardware for usability and user-friendliness using a unique and innovative mobile research lab. MobiLAB™ offers a choice of high-specification usability testing labs, neatly packaged and supported across all our Schlesinger research facilities and at off-site locations.
Usability Testing Solutions for Qualitative Research
MobiLAB™ Usability Testing Lab
Accompanied by a full-time technician, MobiLAB™ is a usability testing lab that allows clients to clearly observe and evaluate the testing on any type of interactive product including: websites, interactive software, hand-held devices, paper prototypes, ATMs, kiosks, automated voice response systems, etc.
The service includes:
- Two remotely controlled cameras, can be placed anywhere in a room
- Direct inputs from a respondent’s PC for website & software testing
- Picture-in-picture display and recording in high resolution
- 32″ LCD monitor in the client viewing room
- DVD recording of all the sessions
MobiLAB PC™ Usability Testing Lab
Accompanied by a full-time technician, MobiLAB PC™ is a PC based usability lab that is designed with enhanced features specifically to support the testing of websites and software related products.
The service includes:
- PC in the respondent room with redundant keyboard and mouse controls for easy moderator access
- Morae™ screen capture software and a webcam provides picture-in-picture display and recording
- Two 20″ LCD monitors in the client viewing room to display the picture-in-picture
- Real-time “video marking” of points of interest
- DVD recording of all sessions
- Easily supports multiple testing scenarios including IDIs, mini groups and full focus groups with up to eight users
Recruitment Optimized for Your Research Lab
Recruitment success goes beyond tracking down and your precise target and convincing them to participate in your study. When researchers meet their respondents, they need the assurance that participants will be able to interact and express themselves effectively, that they are accustomed or comfortable with technology being deployed, and cooperative and engaged with the technique being used.